This will (somewhat) chronicle the next, and so far best, chapter in my life! I've moved to Hockessin, DE with an amazing woman that I am happy to call my fiance, and soon my wife. I also have a great house, dog, and couldn't be happier!

05 August 2008

Another Race.....

Well, I was talked into another one...

North East Triathlon

This is an Olympic distance (1500m swim, 23.5 mi bike, 10k run) race down near the Chesapeake Bay. A friend of mine that I bumped into in my triathlon club suggested we run this one. He's much faster than me, but it will be nice to travel to a race and compete with another person for a change.

It's kind of cool - we vaguely knew each other in IOBC, and hadn't seen each other until we crossed paths at the club tent after the Philly Tri back in June.

Since I can't find anyone at work to even consider a triathlon (to most oil workers, any physical exercise is an anathema), it's nice to be able to find someone to push me to race!

Expect another race report in about two weeks!

No comments: