This will (somewhat) chronicle the next, and so far best, chapter in my life! I've moved to Hockessin, DE with an amazing woman that I am happy to call my fiance, and soon my wife. I also have a great house, dog, and couldn't be happier!

24 January 2010

Rufus The Dog

Rufus is the newest addition to our family. Great dog. We rescued him via Petfinder.com and we ended up very lucky with him. He was initially very skittish, but has since really gotten better about being social and very well behaved. He still has his "puppy" issues, but by and large, we couldn't be happier with him.

He's about 8 months old at this point (we got him when he was about 6), and I think he's about as big as he's going to get. I really wanted a Rhodesian Ridgeback, due to their ability to run for great distances. As a runner (well, I hope to be again), I wanted a dog that I could take with me and for my early birthday present, Tanya bought me exactly that!

He's a little small for his breed, and we knew he was mixed, but we're not sure with what.

In any case, here are a few pics and a couple funny videos of Rufus!

Rufus playing in our first big snow and coincidentally the second largest snowfall ever in December! He loved it!

And this is Rufus playing with Tanya's cat, Mew. Renegade sort of gets wimpy around Rufus and when Rufus tries to play with him, Renegade just sort of lays there and whines. Granted, Renegade is about 30 years older than Rufus (comparatively), but still. Anyway, as you can see, Mew doesn't take any sh*t!!

Good dog...

1 comment:

holly said...

Awesome!!!! Rufus is hilarious!!!

You need a video of Renegade! How is doing???

If you continue being a regular poster, you will soon be a link on my blog! :)