This will (somewhat) chronicle the next, and so far best, chapter in my life! I've moved to Hockessin, DE with an amazing woman that I am happy to call my fiance, and soon my wife. I also have a great house, dog, and couldn't be happier!

17 July 2008

Home Makeover - Mom Edition

I'm still getting used to how this thing lets you post your pictures, but suffice to say - it's not user-friendly... Anyway, on to the post!

At Holly's...prompting and needing a break from studying for the LSAT (yes, for those who don't know - you read that right...4 Oct is the LSAT), I took some pictures of the results from Mom's recent visit. This was her first trip to Philly since I moved into a great new apartment, and she is on the east coast anyway to go help Holly and John with their new place and to watch their ever-growing menagerie while they go back to the Middle East.

So, Mom had the run of the place and this is what happened. It's soooo much nicer! Thanks a ton, Mom!

First, some food! We roasted a red snapper (I've never cooked a fish this way) and it was excellent! I highly recommend it and it's very easy. Here is the fish!



The Bedroom. There are no closet doors, but the more I thought about it - who needs them? This is just easier... What you can't see is the real genius in the drawer reorganization. Before Mom's visit, you'd never know I went to West Point.





Pilsner Urquell! In a place of honor - just above the wine rack in the kitchen.



The hallway. I hung those pictures myself!! They're the swim, bike, and run pics. The bike is actually a print from a local artist who painted the start of the annual bike race here in Philly.



The bathroom. I would have shown more, but my running clothes were hanging over the shower. To give you an indication - it was about 96 degrees when I went running and I did 7 miles. So you can imagine what they look like....



My favorite part of this place - the kitchen! Thanks to Mom, it's 100% better!






The living room. Inevitably where I spend a ton of time. In fact, if you look for the funky looking chair with the ottoman - that's where I am right now. It's an Ikea find...(I had no ikea it would be that cool!)





And finally, as tradition dictates, we had lobster while Mom was here. We didn't do it on the last night, but Saturday instead (to facilitate better clean up the next day!). This is Mom - Orka'd up, and ready to help me handle those suckers when they came out of the steam pot. They were each about 3.25 lbs! HUGE! And tasted great!
Thanks again, Mom. The place looks amazing!

1 comment:

Holly said...

Well it's about time...Arms, your place looks great! I think I'll post some before and afters on MY blog...

:)