This will (somewhat) chronicle the next, and so far best, chapter in my life! I've moved to Hockessin, DE with an amazing woman that I am happy to call my fiance, and soon my wife. I also have a great house, dog, and couldn't be happier!

20 July 2008

You know it's humid when...

No pictures, but I had my long run of the week this morning. I got up early so the heat wouldn't be too bad. I started about 0800 and it was only 78 degrees. However...the humidity was about 87%.

So, back to the title of the post: You know it's humid when 2/3 of the way through your run, you hear a squishing sound...only to discover that what you're hearing is your shoes - completely soaked - squishing out sweat and leaving footprints behind you on the pavement. Yes, it was that humid!

Fortunately, I was running when some other race was about finished, so many of the water stops were trying to give away their remaining water. I grabbed a couple bottles around mile 9-10 and I'm pretty sure that's the only reason I finished!

Here are the stats: (or, check my training log link if you want the real nitty gritty details...)

12.02 mi, 1:51:12, 9:14/mi, AHR-160 bpm

Good run! Now I have to consume gallons of water to re-hydrate, and gallons of coffee to keep me awake to study...

1 comment:

Holly said...

...and gallons of some Lovely Lager to keep you happy whilst studying! :)

We'll call you tonight - Mom and I are making Cornish hens for John because he leaves tomorrow for Afghanistan.

Love you! 12 miles? Wow. You'll be ready for the Disney Marathon WAY before we are! Max???? Are you thinking about January yet??? :)