This will (somewhat) chronicle the next, and so far best, chapter in my life! I've moved to Hockessin, DE with an amazing woman that I am happy to call my fiance, and soon my wife. I also have a great house, dog, and couldn't be happier!

10 October 2008

Weekend in NYC

Tanya and I each had something to celebrate recently. This past Saturday we decided that it would be a great idea to go to NYC, have a great dinner, catch a show, and blow off some much needed steam.

We did exactly that. After a rather harrowing ride up to Hoboken, NJ, we made it to our hotel and had to quickly get ready for dinner. It was worth the rush though.

Tanya set up the ENTIRE weekend. She reserved the hotel, got the tickets for the show, and made reservations at an amazing restaurant that she extensively researched.

We ate at a place called the Spice Market in the meat packing district of NYC. It was an incredible restaurant. The food was amazing, and the ambiance was just like you'd think a very cool restaurant in NYC would have. We had a great meal here before heading to the show.

We saw the Lion King on Broadway and it was INCREDIBLE. The costumes were absolutely amazing, and the music is especially what really got to me. I really dig that African type music - the singing and rhythms have always been an inspiration (musically...I love that rhythmic stuff on the guitar - probably why I like Dave so much). Anyway, it was an unbelievable three hours of show and I highly recommend it to anyone that wants to see a Broadway show. You won't be disappointed!

Aside from that, we once again had a great time. We met a very nice couple from Boston in the bar of our hotel after the show and had a few drinks with them before heading off to bed.

What a great way to celebrate!!!


No comments: