This will (somewhat) chronicle the next, and so far best, chapter in my life! I've moved to Hockessin, DE with an amazing woman that I am happy to call my fiance, and soon my wife. I also have a great house, dog, and couldn't be happier!

07 June 2008

A couple of random shots today. I was enjoying the summer weather that FINALLY hit Philly, and decided to walk down to the River (I love being in this part of town as opposed to the ghetto I used to live in....). While I was there, reading, enjoying the heat, I took a couple of photos. This first one is a shot looking from the Art Museum at Boathouse Row. Boathouse Row is a famous set of crew (rowing) clubs that still service some private clubs and allow high schools, colleges, etc. the use of their river-front property for training, races, etc. Anyway, it's really cool, especially at night. This isn't the best picture, as it was a bit hazy today, but it's a good shot. Google it for more pics!

This is just a random shot of a statue that I never noticed before. I decided to walk to the park (Fairmount Park) where I usually run/ride from, and I noticed this cool statue of a bulldog. I want one of these dogs! We used to have one at the 101st. He was our Brigade mascot - Bastogne! The best part was watching the privates on CQ walk this big, 200 lb dog around with a leash about two feet long! Here are these poor privates, being led by a huge bulldog while he went about his business. Hysterical. Anyway, here's the statue:





Finally, I had to get a couple shots of this place. It's the Eastern State Penitentiary. It's famous, and you may have even seen it on Discovery or History on one of their "haunted places" shows. I think it's one of the oldest prisons in the country. Very cool. I have been through a couple haunted houses there on Halloween and it's a very creepy place. One of these days, I'll get around to taking the actual tour...

Hol - can you see any similarities to a place we both know so well!....













No comments: