This will (somewhat) chronicle the next, and so far best, chapter in my life! I've moved to Hockessin, DE with an amazing woman that I am happy to call my fiance, and soon my wife. I also have a great house, dog, and couldn't be happier!

11 June 2008

Dispatch

Until tonight, I'd never heard of the band called Dispatch. I caught a live show on cable that they did to benefit the people of Zimbabwe. Apparently, Dispatch was a college band about 10 years ago and grew to become the most popular band of that genre. They sold out a reunion show last year (3 nights in a row, actually) at Madison Square Garden.

They are very difficult to categorize, so in that respect I guess a good comparison to them would be Dave Matthews Band, Rusted Root, or O.A.R. - something like that. Sort of a reggae, funk, folk, rock, type band.

They also had a lot of young kids from Zimbabwe singing some of the songs with them and it was very, very cool.

Anyway, check them out on iTunes, or here: http://www.dispatchmusic.com/

I just ordered the MSG DVD!

No comments: